Guidance on Applying to The Paristamen CIO for a Responsive Grant
Just send us a letter explaining about your organisation, how a small grant from The Paristamen CIO could help, and enclose a copy of your full accounts (or constitution for a new organisation without accounts). Please send applications by post, as shown on the Contact Us page.
We do not have an application form – but you may find it helpful to answer the following two questions in your letter. However there is no need to follow this structure unless you find it helpful.
Q1 – TELL US ABOUT YOUR ORGANISATION
Tell us a bit about the charity which is applying to us – for example you may wish to cover the following points:
- It’s often easiest to start from your charitable objects as in your governing document.
- Tell us what you do in practice. Make clear who are your beneficiaries or service users.
- Please tell us if there is anything unique about the charity – for example if you have any particular expertise, or are the only charity in your area working in your field.
- It’s helpful if you can give a bit of further background such as when the organisation was established, numbers of paid staff, approximate income.
Q2 – HOW WOULD A GRANT FROM THE PARISTAMEN CIO HELP?
We need to know why you are applying to us – the ‘case for support’ which you are putting to us.
- Remember that our grants are normally unrestricted so there is no point in going into detail on a specific project – we want to know why the organisation as a whole needs more general funds.
- There is no need to come up with specific ways in which our grant would be spent, but we need to know in general terms why more funds are needed. In some case it will be obvious from what you said about your work in Q1, but it is helpful if you can be specific about the pressure you face at present which could be alleviated with a bit more resources. But please bear in mind what we don’t fund (see the main page on Responsive Grants).
- Bear in mind that we only make grants three times a year, so we cannot usually help with really urgent requests. If you are applying for grant from our main responsive programme, please bear in mind that the size of grant if you are successful with almost always be £500 – so we realise you will be applying to a range of funders and donors.
- If your accounts show that your charity had a surplus on unrestricted funds in the previous year (i.e. income more than expenditure) please explain why you are seeking further funds. Also, if you have significant reserves, we expect that the trustees report with your accounts will explain the reserves policy, as required under charity law.